Write a Lough Neagh Blog
Lough Neagh Partnership are calling all locals and visitors to Lough Neagh & Its Waterways to share their experience, by writing a blog accompanied by photographs and/or videos taken in the destination. The best blogs will be published on the Lough Neagh & Its Waterways website and shared across digital and social media channels.
Eimear Kearney of Lough Neagh Partnership commented that “writing a blog is not as daunting at it might first seem, we really just want people to write a few paragraphs about their trip within the Lough Neagh & Its Waterways Destination and we will publish it for them, its that simple. The blog can be written about any trip to Lough Neagh, from a picnic in the park, to your favourite Pokemon Go stop on Lough Neagh or a boat trip, a stay in one of our hotels or B&B’s, a meal in a restaurant, or a special event you attended.”
Blog Competition Guidelines:
- Write a blog about your trip to Lough Neagh between 300 – 500 words, give it a title, state the location, who you were with (kids, couple etc.) and date you visited.
- Consider including 2-3 tips for other visitors to the area e.g. does it have WiFi, 3G or 4G? is there a coffee shop nearby? free parking? is booking required?
- Keep it casual, talk about your experience and what you enjoyed most
- Include 2-3 photographs, photos taken on smartphones are perfect (if you include people/children in your photographs you must have their/parental consent, as we may publish them on our website and social media pages)
- Video footage optional, again videos taken on a smartphone are fine (if you include people/children in your video you must have their/parental consent, as we may publish them on our website and social media pages)
- Please don’t publish the blog, just write it in an email and attach the photos/video
- Ensure you send it to us by 12 noon on Friday 2nd September by email to: email@example.com
- Your blog can be about any trip to Lough Neagh (it could be a simple walk around Oxford Island, a boat trip, a heritage site, a hotel, B&B or special event)
- The subject of your blog must be within the Lough Neagh & Its Waterways Destination (if it falls into the map below, it’s eligible)
Blog Competition Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of this competition is Lough Neagh Partnership, Unit 3 The Marina Centre, 135a Shore Road, Ballyronan BT45 6JA.
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- Entry is free and open to UK & Ireland residents who submit a valid entry to the competition.
- The competition is open from 26th July 2016 – noon on 2nd September 2016
- Entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive an acknowledgement, we have not received your entry. It is the responsibility for the entrant to check with Lough Neagh Partnership that the entry has been received before the deadline.
- Entrants can only enter in their own work and all photo-graphical and video content submitted must be created by the entrant themselves.
- All photographs / videos featuring other people must have their consent, in the case of anyone under the age of 18, parental consent must be sought. This is the responsibility of the entrant/blog writer.
- By submitting an entry (with phototgraphs and/or video) you give Lough Neagh Partnership permission to publish your blog and share it across print and digital media. The blog writer will be named as a guest blogger. Lough Neagh Partnership may choose not to publish any blog deemed unsuitable.
- Names and blogs of all entrants may be announced and published in the Lough Neagh & Its Waterways e-newsletter, on the Discover Lough Neagh website or on Lough Neagh Partnership’s social networks.
- The competition is not open to any staff or immediate family of staff employed by Lough Neagh Partnership or any of its funding organisations.
- The prize is a 2 night, midweek stay at the Glasshouse Sligo for 2 adults only, it must be taken before 1 st December 2016. No alternative will be offered. Travel to and from the Glasshouse hotel is not part of the prize, any food and drink consumed during the stay must be paid for by the entrant, this will not be provided by the competition promoter.
- The winner will be announced Friday 9th September and informed by email, it will also be announced on our Facebook page (follow us for updates) and on Twitter – if we publish your blog, it will be shared on these social media pages as well as on our Blog
- The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promotor will not enter into any correspondence regarding the decision.
- In the event that the prize winner does not respond to the email, or the email is un-deliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternative finalist will be selected from all remaining eligible entries.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and may be used in promotional activity indefinitely.
- Lough Neagh Partnership reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Should the value of any prize be less than the value stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind.